The Level 3 Range Class is the next step to being comfortable with your firearm in all situations. This class is taught entirely out at the range and includes a lot of shooting. With your permission, we’ll even photograph you shooting – many of us never get the opportunity to actually see ourselves shoot! Starting with a real-world self-defense mindset, this class covers:
- Review of fundamentals, drawing from a holster, re-holstering, reloads and malfunctions
- Trigger reset
- Shooting on the move
- Shooting from behind cover
- The Tueller Principle – we’ll document all the details in case you ever need to prove knowledge of this in court!
- Simulated low-light shooting without using your sights
- Shooting from the retention position
- Extremely close-range shooting
- Long-range defensive handgun shooting
- Your self-defense pistol
- At least two magazines or speed loaders (three is ideal)
- Your normal belt holster (not in a purse/backpack/etc.)
- Magazine pouches capable of holding at least two magazines
- 200 rounds of ammunition for your pistol
- Hearing protection
- Eye protection
- Seasonally appropriate clothing, appropriate footwear (no flip flops)
- Cooler with water and snacks
- Folding chair
- Hat and sunscreen
- Bug repellent is recommended
Don’t have your own gun yet? Consider renting one from us! Just be sure to purchase the correct number of Handgun Rentals along with your order, then contact us for the details of what you would like to rent (semi-auto pistol, revolver, 9mm Luger, etc.). Handgun rentals are $15 per gun per person.
For PRIVATE CLASSES, give us a call at 720-608-1911. We generally require 10 students for a private class, but it can be a lot of fun taking a self-defense class with people you already know well… and you’ll save some money! Our pricing for private classes is actually cheaper per person than our standard classes. We can teach either at our usual location or at your facility, as long as your range is safe and legal. If you don’t have 10 people for a private class, our pricing structure falls under our private instruction rates – see our Gun Lessons page for more detail.