The Level 2 LADIES – Beyond the CCW for LADIES is designed for women that already have, or are in the process of getting, their Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit (CHP). The mindset and the approach to carrying a concealed handgun today is something many people wrestle with (or maybe more people should!), but ESPECIALLY WOMEN.
Here’s a secret about Concealed Handgun Permit classes: they don’t train you how to defend yourself. Too many CCW classes are either far too short to really be useful, they have content controlled by a guy behind a desk 9 states away, the instructors are afraid to teach you real-world skills for fear of legal retribution, or the instructors simply just do not understand fundamentals of self-defense. Using a firearm for self-defense means more than just putting nice, neat little holes in paper from 10 yards. This class is where we start taking classroom knowledge and turning it into useful information.
As more-and-more women take responsibility for their own safety and the safety of their families, it’s easy to run into obstacles that haven’t existed until now. Trust us – we’ve been in your shoes! There are countless questions/topics that women face as we wrestle with carrying a gun. Here are a few:
- Can I carry in my purse?
- Are any of the purse holsters any good?
- Should I carry a gun on my belt?
- How do I keep my kids safe when I have my gun?
- I’m a Christian. I don’t think I could ever shoot anyone. After all, the Bible does say “thou shall not kill.”
- My husband has been bugging me to get (or carry) a gun. Can you help me?
- How should I practice when I go to the range?
- What’s the Tueller Principle?
- Is it ok if I don’t want to carry with a round in the chamber?
- Will I have to buy new clothes?
This class picks up where the Basic Class leaves off and is geared to “real world” concealed carry topics. The class is held in downtown Castle Rock, CO. It is held in the classroom only and does not include live fire. A prerequisite is our Level 1 – Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Class or equivalent.
Topics in this class include:
- The Mindset – the WHY
- Holsters / Carry Positions – the WHERE
- The 21’ Rule and Situational Awareness– the WHEN
- Concealed Carry Obstacles
- Presentation – how fast can YOU draw? – the HOW
- Intro to Movement and Tactics
- Every Day Carry (EDC)
- Different flashlight techniques
- How long does it take YOU to draw from concealment?
- Other real-world scenarios
- Students will receive a course completion certificate.
Items to bring to class: pen/paper for taking notes, your normal concealed carry setup with your pistol (recommended; we’re actually practicing [and timing!!] your presentation), and a great attitude! (NO LIVE AMMO)
For PRIVATE CLASSES, give us a call at 720-608-1911. We generally require 10 students for a private class, but it can be a lot of fun taking a self-defense class with people you already know well… and you’ll save some money! Our pricing for private classes is actually cheaper per person than our standard classes. We can teach either at one of our usual locations or at your facility, as long as there is enough room for everyone to take notes comfortably, an appropriate television with audio, and room for the instructor with our visual aids. We’ve taught at churches, homes, meeting rooms, offices, hotel banquet rooms, etc. If you don’t have 10 people for a private class, our pricing structure falls under our private instruction rates – see our Gun Lessons page for more detail.